- Funding decisions for November 2012 announced
- FUNDING DECISIONS released for November 2012
- MAKINGTRACKS BACKS 318 DIVERSE NEW MUSIC PROJECTS.
- October 2012 funding decisions released
- Funding Decisions released!
- September 2012 funding decisions annouced
- August funding announced
- August Round of Funding Decisions released
- July Funding announced
- July Funding Decisions annouced
- June Funding announced
- June Funding Decisions annouced
- May MakingTracks funding decisions announced
- May 2012 Decisions announced
- Finalists Announced for the 2012 Music Managers Awards
- The APRA Best Country Music Song
- April 2012 Decisions announced
- April MakingTracks funding decisions announced
- March MakingTracks funding decisions announced
- The Taite Music Prize: Announcing the finalists.
- February MakingTracks funding decisions announced
- 2012 Pacific Music Awards Entries Due Monday 20th February
- Latest decisions announced: Nov 2011 Making Tracks Funding
- November Making Tracks decisions announced
- NEW LOOK OFFICIAL NZ MUSIC CHART
- Making Tracks decisions for October 2011
- October Making Tracks Funding announced
- September MakingTracks funding decisions announced
- August MakingTracks funding decisions announced
- First MakingTracks funding results announced
- MAKING TRACKS FIRST FUNDING RESULTS ANNOUNCED 28th JULY
- MAKINGTRACKS OPENS FOR BUSINESS
- JUNE 2011 MUSIC VIDEO FUNDING RESULTS
- NZ MUSIC MONTH 2011 KICKS OFF ON SUNDAY MAY 1st
- CLOSED & CLOSING
- THREE GREAT JOBS PROMOTING GREAT NZ MUSIC!
- NZ ON AIR AWARDS FINAL GRANTS FROM NEW RECORDING ARTISTS AND ALBUM FUNDING SCHEMES
- MARCH 2011 MUSIC VIDEO FUNDING RESULTS
- MARCH 2011 NEW RECORDING ARTIST FUNDING RESULTS
- SIGNIFICANT CHANGE AHEAD FOR MUSIC FUNDING
- KIWI HIT DISC APPLICATION DATES 2011
- DECEMBER 2010 NEW RECORDING ARTIST RESULTS
- DECEMBER FUNDING ROUND DATE ANNOUNCED
- DECEMBER 2010 MUSIC VIDEO FUNDING RESULTS
- NZ ON AIR INTERNATIONAL STRATEGY
- AUGUST MUSIC VIDEO FUNDING 2010
- NEW LOOK FOR ZM'S THE WORD
- REVIEWS, REVIEWS...!
- 21 YEARS YOUNG ...
- JUNE NEW RECORDING ARTIST FUNDING 2010
- JUNE MUSIC VIDEO FUNDING 2010
- THE ARTIST COLLECTIVE ...
- PLEASE NOTE ...
- LATEST SHOWCASE ...
- APRIL KIWI HIT DISC SUBMISSION DATE CHANGE
- MARCH 2010 NEW RECORDING ARTIST DECISIONS
- MARCH 2010 VIDEO FUNDING DECISIONS
- PHASE FIVE CHANGES
- DECEMBER '09 FUNDING DECISIONS
- 2010 KIWI HIT DISC DATES ...
- THE CHRIS KNOX COLLECTION ON NZ ON SCREEN
- GETTING ORGANISED ?
- HAVE A QUESTION ?
- DECEMBER KIWI HIT DISC DEADLINE CHANGED
- ISC DEADLINE EXTENDED - ENTER NOW!
- OCTOBER '09 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- CHANGES TO ALBUM FUNDING SCHEME
- CURRENTLY ON ZM'S THE WORD
- OFF THE RECORD FOR SEPTEMBER
- LAWRENCE ARABIA WINS 2009 APRA SILVER SCROLL!
- UNSIGNED? GET HEARD WITH 42UNHEARD!
- R.I.P. RADIO HITS
- TURNING TWENTY!
- AUGUST '09 NEW RECORDING ARTIST DECISIONS
- AUGUST '09 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- LATEST NZ ON AIR SHOWCASE PHOTOS
- OFF THE RECORD FOR AUGUST
- JUNE '09 NEW RECORDING ARTIST DECISIONS
- JUNE '09 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- NZ MUSIC VIDEOS NOW ON NZ ON SCREEN
- APRIL '09 RADIO HITS REBATE DECISIONS
- APRIL '09 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- FEBRUARY '09 NEW RECORDING ARTISTS DECISIONS
- FEBRUARY '09 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- FEBRUARY '09 RADIO HITS REBATE DECISIONS
- 2009 KIWI HIT DISC DEADLINES
- 2009 NEW RECORDING ARTIST FUNDING DEADLINES
- 2009 MUSIC VIDEO FUNDING DEADLINES
- NOVEMBER '08 RADIO HITS REBATES DECISIONS
- NOVEMBER '08 NEW RECORDING ARTISTS DECISIONS
- NOVEMBER '08 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- OCTOBER '08 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- OFF THE RECORD ON THE ROCK FOR OCT 08
- NATHAN KING HITS THE ROAD
- ONE DAY BY OPSHOP - THE 2008 APRA SILVER SCROLL WINNER
- MUSIC MANAGERS’ FORUM SUMMIT - SEPT ‘08
- MUSIC ICONS TO JUDGE 2008 INTERNATIONAL SONGWRITING COMPETITION (ISC)
- NEW ON THE SLAB AT THE EDGE THIS WEEK
- OFF THE RECORD ON THE ROCK FOR AUG 08
- AUGUST '08 NEW RECORDING ARTISTS DECISIONS
- AUGUST '08 RADIO HITS REBATES DECISIONS
- AUGUST '08 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- OFF THE RECORD ON THE ROCK FOR JULY 08
- GIN WIGMORE ON THE ROAD
- ALBUMS APLENTY
- B.NET BOOST
- THE YEAR AHEAD ...
- JUNE '08 ALBUM DECISIONS
- JUNE '08 NEW RECORDING ARTISTS DECISIONS
- JUNE '08 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- OFF THE RECORD FOR JUNE
- CLAP CLAP RIOT KICKSTART ON MTV
- GREYMOUTH SCOOP THE GIG
- OFF THE RECORD FOR MAY
- ZM LIVE LOUNGE WITH ITUNES
- JUICED UP FOR NZ MUSIC MONTH
- BEAUTIFUL CHART ENTRY FOR SHIHAD
- WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR NZ MUSIC MONTH ?
- APRIL '08 RADIO HITS REBATES DECISIONS
- APRIL '08 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- MTV KICKSTART IS BACK FOR 2008
- FEBRUARY '08 NEW RECORDING ARTIST DECISIONS
- FEBRUARY '08 MUSIC VIDEO DECISIONS
- FEBRUARY '08 RADIO HITS REBATE DECISIONS
- A HOLD ON NEW RECORDING FUNDING THIS MONTH…
- NZ ON AIR GOES PLATINUM PLUS
- WARNING! TOO MUCH MUSIC
FUNDING DECISIONS released for November 2012 - 28 November 2012
Today the list of funded applicants for Making Tracks has been announced. More details
MAKINGTRACKS BACKS 318 DIVERSE NEW MUSIC PROJECTS. - 07 November 2012
MakingTracks backs 318 diverse new music projects.
NZ On Air is pleased to announce the results of a review of the first year of its MakingTracks music funding scheme.
MakingTracks was launched in July 2011, moving from a funding focus on infiltrating commercial radio to connecting a more diverse range of songs with audiences on radio, television and online.
The funding scheme supports recording songs and making music videos to back up the release of those songs.
The year has seen 148 grants of $10,000 for the funding of both a recording and video, and 170 grants of $6,000 for shooting a video when a song has already been recorded. Strong interest in the scheme meant that 1,216 applications were received in total.
MakingTracks has resulted in an impressive:
• 10,134,141 streams on YouTube
• 105,587 spins on radio and music television
• 511,986 hours of airtime
• 220 different artists funded, 40% of which were first-timers
• 59 broadcast and music experts involved on selection panels
53% songs funded were aimed at mainstream audiences and 47% songs for alternative media audiences. In total NZ On Air committed $2,500,000 to new music.
“MakingTracks has allowed us to support a wide range of talented artists: pop, rock, folk, country, te reo, roots and reggae, heavy metal, urban and hip hop” says NZ On Air Chief Executive Jane Wrightson. “40 per cent of the artists we supported were new and had never received funding from NZ On Air before – and would have unlikely been supported under the previous model.”
The most-played MakingTracks-funded song on radio was The Babysitters Circus’ Everything’s Gonna Be Alright. The most-played music video on television and online was Good Intent by Kimbra, which was also the song that garnered the biggest audience.
While celebrating the results of the first year of MakingTracks, NZ On Air also undertook an operations review to ensure the new scheme is the best it can be. Fine tuning now being implemented includes changes to the eligibility criteria and improvements to the online application process. Changes will be completed in time for the first application round in 2013.
The NZ On Air music strategy continues to be based on finding and funding great New Zealand songs, increasing diversity and exposure of new New Zealand music and maximising the audience for new New Zealand music.
Details of the MakingTracks review can be seen here.
October 2012 funding decisions released - 25 October 2012
Today the list of funded applicants for Making Tracks has been announced.